Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring and Wool Socks

Spring and wool socks...what a combination
I've been enjoying the wonderful weather here in NC. I'm soooo happy that spring has finally arrived, but all I'm motivated to do is knit these socks that I've started. I'll go outside and weed the flower beds for like...10 minutes, and then come back inside or go to the porch swing to work the socks. Addicted!
This self striping sock yarn is addictive. It makes you want to keep going to see each stripe form.
 My worsted ones are also coming along. The second one has been started.
  I worked on the striped ones yesterday while watching Ireland at gymnastics. These are the perfect take anywhere project. Speaking of Ireland and gymnastics, here she is proudly showing off her new leotard. She wanted me to take her pic
We switched gyms last week. I really hope she learns alot here. I'm just as excited as she is, and I hope this is an activity that she will continue to love to do. I really don't mind going on Saturday mornings. It gives me an uninterrupted hour to crochet or knit.

And here is the pitiful hydrangea that I mentioned in my previous post. Who knows if the poor thing will even bloom this year. It's trying to form little green sprouts, so maybe it'll be ok.
Michael, uuuggghhh!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. Love the socks, but what could be more magical than Ireland and her darling smile.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hydrangea should be fine... it may take another season before it flowers but it will be fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours in the springsocks! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those stripey socks - your little one has a great smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me be one of many people to commend you on this post. The socks are absolutely lovely with great colours. And the little girl simply looks like a darling. Thanks for posting dear. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete